From the Express Scripts Pharmacy to Your Door
If you're taking a medicine on a long-term basis, using our mail-order home delivery service could save you time and money. Standard shipping is free, and a 90-day supply of drugs will usually cost less than buying them at the retail pharmacy. Some prescriptions aren't available by mail order, but millions of people get the medicine they need using this service.
Express Scripts will:
- Ship your medicine straight to your door
- Let you know when it's time to refill your prescription
- Call your doctor to change or renew your prescription
You get to:
- Skip a trip to the pharmacy
- Talk to a pharmacist anytime, 24/7, from the privacy of your home
- Get real-time status updates on your prescription orders
- Order refills with just one click
- View your monthly prescription summary online and go paperless
- View your total out-of-pocket drug costs for the year
Starting home delivery is easy—just go to Express Scripts and register. When you log into your account, you'll be able to:
- Quickly fill prescriptions your doctor has sent in electronically
- Order a refill
- Check the status of orders
- Find savings opportunities
Home Delivery Resources
- Express Scripts Mobile App Download the free Express Scripts mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Mail - Download, print, and mail a home delivery order form. Include your home delivery copayment, a 90-day prescription from your doctor plus refills for up to one year (if applicable).
- ePrescribe - Ask your doctor to send your prescription electronically to the Express Scripts Pharmacy.
Note: If you're not taking a long-term medicine now, check back if your doctor prescribes one to maintain your health. However, if you're taking a medicine every day over the long term, the Express Scripts Pharmacy is a mail order service that could help you save over retail prices.
First time users of mail order service should expect their first order within 14 calendar days after the pharmacy receives an order, however, be sure to ask your prescriber for a 2nd script for short term fill locally to ensure you have enough supply.
If you have not used mail-order pharmacy in the last 365 days, Express Scripts must obtain member consent for any prescriber-initiated orders, meaning the script was sent to pharmacy on behalf of member via fax, phone, or electronically.
Refills on mail order prescriptions
For refills of your drugs, you have the option to sign up for an automatic refill program. Under this program we will start to process your next refill automatically when our records show you should be close to running out of your drug. The pharmacy will contact you prior to shipping each refill to make sure you are in need of more medication, and you can cancel scheduled refills if you have enough of your medication or if your medication has changed. If you choose not to use our auto refill program, please contact your pharmacy 21 days before you think the drugs you have on hand will run out to make sure your next order is shipped to you in time.
To opt out of our program that automatically prepares mail order refills, please contact us by calling Express Scripts Customer Service at 1- 800-820-9729, seven days a week, 24 hours a day (TTY: 1-800-716-3231).
You can also get started with home delivery by using our mobile app or send in orders through the mail.